Most Common Issues
- Inactivity Timeout During Rebuild
- Coveo Sort Components Are Stacked in an MVC Search Page
- Security Provider Error Something Went Wrong on the Server
- Problem Accessing the Coveo Admin Service
- Problem Loading the Ninject Assembly
- Empty Strings are not Allowed Exception Occurring When Specifying Creator-Owner Permissions
- Internal Server Error When Querying the REST Service
- Editing the Properties of a Coveo Search MVC Component Freezes the Page Editor in IE11
- Error with ID NO\_DOCUMENT\_INDEXED
- Error or Document Not Found Page After Rebuilding the Indexes
- Problem Registering Search Page Events in Sitecore Analytics Database
- Sitecore Items Do Not Get Automatically Indexed
- Sitecore 8.0 Session is not Initialized Exception
- The Indexing Manager Is Reporting an Error
- Configuration Wizard error - Unable to add the certificate to the Root store. Access is denied.
- Slow Queries in a Coveo-Powered Search Page
- Issue in IE During Admin Service Configuration with the Configuration Wizard
- High Memory Usage While Rebuilding Indexes
- Root Element of a Crawler for a Coveo Index is Invalid
- 404 Errors on Coveo Usage Analytics Search Events
- HTML Version of Indexed Items Are Showing an Error Page
- Coveo-Powered Search Page Fails to Load After Upgrade
- Diagnostic Page Error - Invalid cast from System.String to Coveo.Framework.Configuration.SecurityConfiguration
- Including a Search Box with OmniboxResultList Results in Cannot read property addEventListener of null Error
- Timeout While Expanding Sitecore Security Provider
- NullReferenceException on Tracking.Current When Executing a Request for a Quick View
- Coveo for Sitecore Security Cache Refresh Issues
- How to Modify the Coveo for Sitecore Security Provider Refreshing Parameters
- 403 Forbidden Error When Calling YourSitecoreSite/coveo/rest
- Getting log4net Errors When Attempting to Browse Sitecore Pages
- The Sitecore Security Provider ABC has encountered a fatal exception class CSP FatalException Unable to connect to Sitecore
- No User has been Provided for the Search Request
- Opening Sitecore Indexing Manager Returns a 405 (Method Not Allowed) Error
- Secured Admin Service - Could Not Establish Trust Relationship for the SSL/TLS Secure Channel with Authority Localhost
- Hive Components - Inserting an Example Search Page Results in No Renderings
High Memory Usage While Rebuilding Indexes
When attempting to rebuild the Coveo indexes, the Sitecore instance uses all the available memory. The IIS process then restarts and the rebuild can’t complete.
When enabled, the
Caching.DisableCacheSizeLimits setting unlocks the memory limit that the Sitecore caches can use.
Set the value of the
Caching.DisableCacheSizeLimits setting to
You can use the
http://<your Sitecore instance>/sitecore/admin/cache.aspx page to monitor the amount of memory used by each of the Sitecore caches. A good place to start is to tune the database caches:
- Open the
web.configfile (for Sitecore 8.0 and earlier). For Sitecore 8.1 and newer, open
Find the database configuration.
<database id="master" singleInstance="true" type="Sitecore.Data.Database, Sitecore.Kernel"> <param desc="name">$(id)</param> ...
Inside the database configuration, you will find a
<cacheSizes>element. You can then adjust the cache size to suit your needs.
<cacheSizes hint="setting"> <data>100MB</data> <items>50MB</items> <paths>2500KB</paths> <itempaths>50MB</itempaths> <standardValues>2500KB</standardValues> </cacheSizes>
- Test run your site and look at the
cache.aspxpage to see which caches are underused and which are overused. Tweak values as necessary.