Most Common Issues
- Inactivity Timeout During Rebuild
- Coveo Sort Components Are Stacked in an MVC Search Page
- Security Provider Error Something Went Wrong on the Server
- Problem Accessing the Coveo Admin Service
- Problem Loading the Ninject Assembly
- Empty Strings are not Allowed Exception Occurring When Specifying Creator-Owner Permissions
- Internal Server Error When Querying the REST Service
- Editing the Properties of a Coveo Search MVC Component Freezes the Page Editor in IE11
- Error with ID NO\_DOCUMENT\_INDEXED
- Error or Document Not Found Page After Rebuilding the Indexes
- Problem Registering Search Page Events in Sitecore Analytics Database
- Sitecore Items Do Not Get Automatically Indexed
- Sitecore 8.0 Session is not Initialized Exception
- The Indexing Manager Is Reporting an Error
- Configuration Wizard error - Unable to add the certificate to the Root store. Access is denied.
- Slow Queries in a Coveo Search Page
- Issue in IE During Admin Service Configuration with the Configuration Wizard
- High Memory Usage While Rebuilding Indexes
- Root Element of a Crawler for a Coveo Index is Invalid
- 404 Errors on Coveo Usage Analytics Search Events
- HTML Version of Indexed Items Are Showing an Error Page
- Coveo Search Page Fails to Load After Upgrade
- Diagnostic Page Error - Invalid cast from System.String to Coveo.Framework.Configuration.SecurityConfiguration
- Including a Search Box with OmniboxResultList Results in Cannot read property addEventListener of null Error
- Timeout While Expanding Sitecore Security Provider
- NullReferenceException on Tracking.Current When Executing a Request for a Quick View
- Coveo for Sitecore Security Cache Refresh Issues
- How to Modify the Coveo for Sitecore Security Provider Refreshing Parameters
- 403 Forbidden Error When Calling YourSitecoreSite/coveo/rest
- Could not Load File or Assembly log4net, Version=18.104.22.168, culture=neutral
- The Sitecore Security Provider ABC has encountered a fatal exception class CSP FatalException Unable to connect to Sitecore
- No User has been Provided for the Search Request
- Opening Sitecore Indexing Manager Returns a 405 (Method Not Allowed) Error
- Secured Admin Service - Could Not Establish Trust Relationship for the SSL/TLS Secure Channel with Authority Localhost
- Hive Components - Inserting an Example Search Page Results in No Renderings
NullReferenceException on Tracking.Current When Executing a Request for a Quick View
When trying to fetch the content of a page to populate the Quick View, a 500 error is thrown with a
When xDB Tracking is disabled,
Tracking.Current is set to
null . Every page trying to log xDB analytics when they are disabled will get a
This particular error is caused by the
ExcludeCoveoUserAgentProcessor which aborts the Sitecore
startAnalytics pipeline when the User Agent is
Coveo Sitecore Search Provider to disable tracking in certain scenarios.
This is to ensure that Coveo for Sitecore does not log xDB analytics when fetching the HTML content for the Quick View.
For more information on why the pipeline is canceled, see Disable xDB tracking for single requests.
There are two ways to solve this problem: adding null-checks or disabling the processor.
Ensure that every call to
Tracking is wrapped by
Since other scenarios could disable Tracking, this is the recommended resolution.
Disable the Processor
This re-enables analytics logging in your xDB instance.
Create a new
Coveo.SearchProvider.EnableCoveoUserAgentForXDB.config and add the following node in it:
<configuration xmlns:patch="http://www.sitecore.net/xmlconfig/"> <sitecore> <pipelines> <startAnalytics> <processor type="Coveo.Analytics.Processors.ExcludeCoveoUserAgentProcessor, Coveo.Analytics"> <patch:delete /> </processor> </startAnalytics> </pipelines> </sitecore> </configuration>