Most Common Issues
- Inactivity Timeout During Rebuild
- Coveo Sort Components Are Stacked in an MVC Search Page
- Security Provider Error Something Went Wrong on the Server
- Problem Accessing the Coveo Admin Service
- Problem Loading the Ninject Assembly
- Empty Strings are not Allowed Exception Occurring When Specifying Creator-Owner Permissions
- Internal Server Error When Querying the REST Service
- Editing the Properties of a Coveo Search MVC Component Freezes the Page Editor in IE11
- Error with ID NO\_DOCUMENT\_INDEXED
- Error or Document Not Found Page After Rebuilding the Indexes
- Problem Registering Search Page Events in Sitecore Analytics Database
- Sitecore Items Do Not Get Automatically Indexed
- Sitecore 8.0 Session is not Initialized Exception
- The Indexing Manager Is Reporting an Error
- Configuration Wizard error - Unable to add the certificate to the Root store. Access is denied.
- Slow Queries in a Coveo-Powered Search Page
- Issue in IE During Admin Service Configuration with the Configuration Wizard
- High Memory Usage While Rebuilding Indexes
- Root Element of a Crawler for a Coveo Index is Invalid
- 404 Errors on Coveo Usage Analytics Search Events
- HTML Version of Indexed Items Are Showing an Error Page
- Coveo-Powered Search Page Fails to Load After Upgrade
- Diagnostic Page Error - Invalid cast from System.String to Coveo.Framework.Configuration.SecurityConfiguration
- Including a Search Box with OmniboxResultList Results in Cannot read property addEventListener of null Error
- Timeout While Expanding Sitecore Security Provider
- NullReferenceException on Tracking.Current When Executing a Request for a Quick View
- Coveo for Sitecore Security Cache Refresh Issues
- How to Modify the Coveo for Sitecore Security Provider Refreshing Parameters
- 403 Forbidden Error When Calling YourSitecoreSite/coveo/rest
- Getting log4net Errors When Attempting to Browse Sitecore Pages
- The Sitecore Security Provider ABC has encountered a fatal exception class CSP FatalException Unable to connect to Sitecore
- No User has been Provided for the Search Request
- Opening Sitecore Indexing Manager Returns a 405 (Method Not Allowed) Error
- Secured Admin Service - Could Not Establish Trust Relationship for the SSL/TLS Secure Channel with Authority Localhost
- Hive Components - Inserting an Example Search Page Results in No Renderings
Coveo-Powered Search Page Fails to Load After Upgrade
With the September 2016 release, you get one of the following errors:
When accessing the page through the Preview or Experience Editor, the Coveo-Powered Search Page seems to be loading forever, with the following error in the browser console.
Uncaught Value should not be null or undefined
In the Experience Editor, after adding a facet, it gets reduced to a line, and saving the page gives you the previous behavior.
This issue arises when you disabled the Display the tabs section option in the Layout properties, or when the
coveo-tab-section is absent from your page.
With the new Coveo Search UI, the responsive facets need a
coveo-tab-section to load. In its absence, the Coveo-Powered Search Page is unable to load properly.
There are two ways to fix this issue:
When You Intend to Add Tabs
You need to add a
coveo-tab-section to your Coveo-Powered Search Page.
Access your page, and under Publish, select Experience Editor.
Edit your page properties by clicking on the page, and then selecting the Edit Properties button. It should be the first one.
Under Layout, check the Display the tabs section box.
Click on OK to close the properties window, and save your page. Your issue should be fixed.
When You Do Not Intend to Add Tabs
You need to disable the automatic responsive mode.
Access the file associated with your search page.
When using Web Forms, it should be located under or near
<SITECORE_INSTANCE_ROOT>\Website\layouts, and should be a
When using MVC, it should be located under or near
<SITECORE_INSTANCE_ROOT>\Website\Views, and should be a
class="CoveoSearchInterface"section, add the following line:
Save your file.
In Sitecore, reload your Coveo-Powered Search Page, and confirm that your issue is fixed.