- An Index Should Be Configured for Database web Error Is Preventing the REST Service from Loading
- Cannot insert the value NULL into column ID, table INSTANCE_HOSTNAME_Core.dbo.Properties column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
- Coveo for Sitecore Not Properly Replicating the Sitecore Permission Model
- ERROR Error in FileWatcher Internal Buffer Overflow While Installing Coveo for Sitecore
- ERROR Exception while handling event Sitecore.ContentSearch.Events.IndexingFinishedEvent, Index MY_INDEX was not found
- Error in the Experience Profile After Installing Coveo for Sitecore
- Failed to Reactivate the Organization Message in Command Center
- Field Is No Longer Indexed in the Sitecore Items
- Handler CoveoSearchEndpoint has a bad module ManagedPipelineHandler in its module list
- Items in Different Languages Are Not Automatically Indexed or Updated When Language Fallback Is Enabled
- Metadata Duplicated Keys are Producing Warnings in the Log Browser
- Missing Valid xDB License
- Multi-Value Field - Migrating from On-Premises to Cloud Version
- Opening the Experience Explorer Sets the Static Context to 'Master'
- Prebinding Isn't Applied to Elements Within a Searchbox Container
- Publishing Multi-Language Sitecore Items Leads to a Large Amount of Files Being Indexed
- Sitecore 8.0+ Error When Saving a Coveo-Powered Search Page Using the Sitecore Rule Engine
- Sitecore 8.2 With WFFM Refuses to Start After Installing Coveo for Sitecore
- Sitecore.ContentSearch.SitecoreItemCrawler.IsAncestorOf(Item item) error
- Slow Initial Rebuild Time Caused By The ExcludeCoveoDataSourceItems Processor
- Solr - Error When Initializing Coveo When Side-by-Side with Solr Is Enabled
- Solving the Conflict Between Keys from Dynamic Placeholder Modules and Coveo Dynamic Placeholders
- The Experience Editor for Non-Default Language Page Fails to Load When Using Coveo for Sitecore Hive
- The RouteData must contain an item named 'controller' error with SXA
- Two Instances of the Same Search Page Component Have Been Added on a Page but Only One is Initialized
- Unexpected Token < When Editing Page With SXA Components in Experience Editor
- Send Analytics to Sitecore Component Not Working in Sitecore 9
- Exception When Trying to Switch Organization
- Issues When the Core Database Is Disabled on Content Delivery Servers
- Content Database 'master' Not Found on a Content Delivery Server
- Coveo Analytics Events Are Not Logged in Sitecore 9.1 Analytics
- Ajax Error 500 When Using Special Characters in a Query
Sitecore 8.2 With WFFM Refuses to Start After Installing Coveo for Sitecore
This issue affects Sitecore version 8.2 with the Web Forms for Marketers (WFFM) module.
After installing Coveo for Sitecore, Sitecore refuses to start.
In the Sitecore logs, you see that the Coveo master index is initializing but never finishes.
17156 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: 'filesystem[blobIDs]' (max size: 500KB, running total: 878MB)17156 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: 'SqlDataProvider - Property data(core)' (max size: 500KB, running total: 879MB) 17156 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: '[FieldReaderCache, Id: a97a7de6-d60e-48b0-bc75-9cff5e795ece]' (max size: 5MB, running total: 884MB) 17156 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: '[FieldReaderCache, Id: 6b902e13-4a6f-4e78-bea0-469f046e3d44]' (max size: 5MB, running total: 889MB) 13136 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: 'SqlDataProvider - Property data(master)' (max size: 500KB, running total: 889MB) 13136 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: 'SqlDataProvider - Property data(web)' (max size: 500KB, running total: 890MB) 17156 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: '[FieldReaderCache, Id: defaultFieldReaderMap]' (max size: 5MB, running total: 895MB) 17156 14:29:57 INFO Initializing index "Coveo_master_index"... ManagedPoolThread #16 14:29:58 INFO Trying to load XML configuration /App_Config/Security/Domains.config 6404 14:30:12 INFO Cache created: 'Task Manager - tasks' (max size: 100 bytes, running total: 895MB) 16664 14:30:12 INFO Cache created: 'ReportingStorageProviderProperties.Properties' (max size: 10MB, running total: 905MB) 12020 14:30:12 INFO Cache created: 'ExperienceAnalytics.Segments' (max size: 20MB, running total: 925MB) ManagedPoolThread #3 15:02:50 INFO Health.PrivateBytes: 953 585 664
The problem is caused by the Sitecore indexes property store events handling.
When Sitecore is initializing, it reads the search indexes configuration. This method has a lock to avoid 2 threads doing it at the same time.
Sitecore then initializes each search index.
When a Coveo for Sitecore search index is initialized, it reads and writes a value in the property store. This triggers events.
WFFM has an event handler that’s run when the property store is accessed. WFFM needs a search index in this event handler.
WFFM tries to get the search index. At this point, the search indexes are still initializing. So the call to get the search index tries to initialize the search indexes by reading the search indexes configuration.
This creates a deadlock, preventing Sitecore from initializing.
The issue has been reported to Sitecore support and will be fixed in a future Sitecore release. However, a fix is available. For more details on the resolution of this issue, contact Sitecore Support. The issue tracking number is 137437.