- An Index Should Be Configured for Database web Error Is Preventing the REST Service from Loading
- Cannot insert the value NULL into column ID, table INSTANCE_HOSTNAME_Core.dbo.Properties column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
- Coveo for Sitecore Not Properly Replicating the Sitecore Permission Model
- ERROR Error in FileWatcher Internal Buffer Overflow While Installing Coveo for Sitecore
- ERROR Exception while handling event Sitecore.ContentSearch.Events.IndexingFinishedEvent, Index MY_INDEX was not found
- Error in the Experience Profile After Installing Coveo for Sitecore
- Failed to Reactivate the Organization Message in Command Center
- Field Is No Longer Indexed in the Sitecore Items
- Handler CoveoSearchEndpoint has a bad module ManagedPipelineHandler in its module list
- Items in Different Languages Are Not Automatically Indexed or Updated When Language Fallback Is Enabled
- Metadata Duplicated Keys are Producing Warnings in the Log Browser
- Missing Valid xDB License
- Multi-Value Field - Migrating from On-Premises to Cloud Version
- Opening the Experience Explorer Sets the Static Context to 'Master'
- Prebinding Isn't Applied to Elements Within a Searchbox Container
- Publishing Multi-Language Sitecore Items Leads to a Large Amount of Files Being Indexed
- Sitecore 8.0+ Error When Saving a Coveo-Powered Search Page Using the Sitecore Rule Engine
- Sitecore 8.2 With WFFM Refuses to Start After Installing Coveo for Sitecore
- Sitecore.ContentSearch.SitecoreItemCrawler.IsAncestorOf(Item item) error
- Slow Initial Rebuild Time Caused By The ExcludeCoveoDataSourceItems Processor
- Solr - Error When Initializing Coveo When Side-by-Side with Solr Is Enabled
- Solving the Conflict Between Keys from Dynamic Placeholder Modules and Coveo Dynamic Placeholders
- The Experience Editor for Non-Default Language Page Fails to Load When Using Coveo for Sitecore Hive
- The RouteData must contain an item named 'controller' error with SXA
- Two Instances of the Same Search Page Component Have Been Added on a Page but Only One is Initialized
- Unexpected Token < When Editing Page With SXA Components in Experience Editor
- Send Analytics to Sitecore Component Not Working in Sitecore 9
- Exception When Trying to Switch Organization
- Issues When the Core Database Is Disabled on Content Delivery Servers
- Content Database 'master' Not Found on a Content Delivery Server
- Coveo Analytics Events Are Not Logged in Sitecore 9.1 Analytics
- Ajax Error 500 When Using Special Characters in a Query
Sitecore.ContentSearch.SitecoreItemCrawler.IsAncestorOf(Item item) error
You see this message in your Sitecore logs :
6048 22:49:54 ERROR Application error. Exception: System.NullReferenceException Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source: Sitecore.ContentSearch at Sitecore.ContentSearch.SitecoreItemCrawler.IsAncestorOf(Item item) at Sitecore.ContentSearch.SitecoreItemCrawler.IsExcludedFromIndex(SitecoreIndexableItem indexable, Boolean checkLocation) at Sitecore.ContentSearch.Pipelines.GetContextIndex.FetchIndex.<>c\_\_DisplayClass9.<GetContextIndex>b\_\_3(<>f\_\_AnonymousType1\`2 <>h\_\_TransparentIdentifier0) ...
http://<YourSitecoreInstance>/coveo/rest is returning 500 errors all of a sudden.
Coveo for Sitecore 863+
This error can occur if a new index/crawler is added to the
web.config and if the root of that item is only in the
master database (i.e., it’s not yet published in the
web database). This is also true if a crawler root is modified to an item that isn’t yet in the
The reason is that when Sitecore tries to fetch the index for an item, it lists all the crawlers and filters out the ones that aren’t supposed to crawl the item. The method is fragile as it doesn’t do null checks. Sitecore seems aware of the issues in that method and has provided a workaround as we can see in StackOverflow (see links below).
You need to fix the new component that you introduced. Follow the links below for more details on how to do so.