Inserting Coveo Components
- Integrating a Coveo Full Search Page
- Integrating a Coveo Insight Panel Lightning Component
- Integrating a Coveo Case Deflection Component
- Integrating Coveo in a Lightning Community
- Integrating a Coveo Insight Panel Classic Component
- Integrating a Case Creation Component
- Integrating a Coveo Recommendation Component
- Accessing the Coveo for Salesforce Interface Editor
- Integrate a Coveo VisitorIdAccessor Lightning Component
Accessing the Coveo for Salesforce Interface Editor
For details on using the Interface Editor, see Use the Classic Interface Editor.
Your Salesforce user must have the Modify all data permission through a profile. The user won’t gain access to the Interface Editor if the Modify all data permission is granted through a permission set. The Modify all data permission is required to gain access to the Salesforce Metadata API that the Interface Editor needs.
Your Salesforce account must have the Author Apex administrative permission.
When a Coveo organization is already connected to Coveo for Salesforce in your Salesforce organization, your Salesforce account doesn’t need a Coveo account or permissions to be able to access the Interface Editor.
Different Ways to Access the Interface Editor
You must access the place where the component that you want to modify is, in your Salesforce organization. There are two ways to access the Edit button of the component:
When in a community:
- Access Preview mode.
- Click and then select Preview As Authenticated User.
- Click the cogwheel icon.
When in a console, you can directly click the cogwheel icon.
Depending on your Coveo for Salesforce version, there are a few different designs for the Edit button:
|With Coveo for Salesforce v3.25+||With Coveo for Salesforce V3|
|At the upper-right corner of the component, click the cogwheel icon, and then select Edit.
||At the upper-left corner of the component, click the Edit button.
When modifying a Coveo Lightning component, you may need to switch to Preview mode to properly interact with the menu.
For a Coveo Insight Panel Classic Component, click Customize Panel.