Inserting Coveo Components
- Integrating a Coveo Full Search Page
- Integrating a Coveo Lightning Insight Panel
- Integrating a Coveo Case Deflection Component
- Integrating Coveo in a Lightning Community
- Integrating a Coveo Classic Insight Panel
- Integrating a Case Creation Page
- Integrating a Coveo Recommendation Component
- Accessing the Coveo for Salesforce Interface Editor
Accessing the Coveo for Salesforce Interface Editor
Your Salesforce user must have the Modify all data permission through a profile. The user will not gain access to the Interface Editor if the Modify all data permission is granted through a permission set. The Modify all data permission is required to gain access to the Salesforce Metadata API that the Interface Editor needs.
Your Salesforce account must have the Author Apex administrative permission.
When a Coveo Cloud organization is already connected to Coveo for Salesforce in your Salesforce organization, your Salesforce account does not need a Coveo Cloud account or permissions to be able to access the Interface Editor.
Different Ways to Access the Interface Editor
You must access the place where the component that you want to modify is, in your Salesforce organization. There are two ways to access the Edit button of the component:
- When in a community, you must access Preview mode, and then click the cog icon.
- When in a console, you can directly click the cog icon.
Depending on your Coveo for Salesforce version, there are a few different designs for the Edit button:
|With Coveo for Salesforce v3.25+||With Coveo for Salesforce V3||With Coveo for Salesforce V2|
|In the top-right corner of the component, click the Edit button.
||In the top-left corner of the component, click the Edit button.
In the lower-right corner of the component, click the arrow button to expand the box; then, click Edit.
When modifying a Coveo Lightning component, you may need to switch to Preview mode to properly interact with the menu.
For a Classic Insight Panel, click Customize Panel.