Coveo for ServiceNow
- Installing Coveo for ServiceNow
- Creating a ServiceNow Source
- Replacing the Service Portal Search Page
- Replacing the Service Portal Search Boxes
- Configuring the Case Deflection Panel
- Configuring the Insight Panel
- Configuring Query Filters
- Configuring Machine Learning Models
- Customizing the Coveo for ServiceNow Components
Configuring the Coveo Case Deflection Panel
A Coveo™ case deflection panel is a search interface meant to be integrated in a Service Portal incident creation form. As the end-user describes their issue, the Coveo case deflection panel automatically updates itself to display the most contextually relevant items from a Coveo unified index.
The following procedure explains how a ServiceNow instance administrator or developer can add a Coveo case deflection panel to a Service Portal incident creation form.
To add a Coveo case deflection panel to your Service Portal incident creation form
- In the Now Platform UI of your ServiceNow instance:
- Navigate to Service Portal > Pages.
- Find and open your Service Portal display catalog item record (typically, this is the record whose ID is
You should create a backup copy of the record by clicking the Clone Page button in the top-right corner of the record form. When this is done, navigate back to the original record before proceeding on to the next step.
- In the Related Links section, click Open in Designer.
- In the Service Portal Designer application that opens in a new browser tab:
- Delete all widgets and all containers in the page.
- Add a two-columns container.
- In the left column, drag and drop a
SC Catalog Itemwidget.
- In the right column, drag and drop a
For navigation and search purposes, you may also want to add a two-columns container with a
coveo-searchboxwidget on top of the container with the
SC Catalog Itemand
- Click the
SC Catalog Itemwidget you added, then click the Edit button.
- In the Instance dialog, unselect Order Item Section On Top, then click Save.
- Back in the UI of your ServiceNow instance:
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog Definitions > Record Producers.
- Find and open your incident creation record producer record (typically, this is the record whose Name is
- At the bottom of the record form, select the Variables tab.
- In the table:
- Find and delete the Contextual Search Results variable.
Assuming you have a ServiceNow source, you no longer require this variable (see Creating a ServiceNow Source).
- Click New.
- In the new record form that opens:
- In the Type dropdown menu, select Macro.
- Select the Question tab and set the Question and Name fields to the name you want to give to the new variable (e.g.,
Coveo case deflection panel).
- Select the Default Value tab and set the Widget field to
Since the London ServiceNow release, the Widget field has moved under the Type Specifications tab.
- Click Submit.
Navigate to one of your Customer Service Portal service catalog items.
If everything is setup properly, the Coveo case deflection panel should be visible in the incident creation form, and should automatically update itself as you modify field values in the form (e.g., as you type a description for the issue).
- Optionally, you can customize your Coveo case deflection panel (see Customizing the Coveo for ServiceNow Components).
- You should add a Coveo insight panel to your case forms to empower your support agents with Coveo relevancy, (see Configuring the Coveo Insight Panel).