- Step 1 - Installing Coveo for ServiceNow
- Step 2 - Creating a ServiceNow Source
- Step 3 - Replacing the Service Portal Search Page
- Step 4 - Replacing the Service Portal Search Boxes
- Step 5 - Configuring the Case Deflection Panel
- Step 6 - Configuring the Insight Panel
- Step 7 - Configuring a Recommendations Panel
- Step 8 - Configuring Query Filters
- Step 9 - Configuring Machine Learning Models
Installing Coveo for ServiceNow
This article explains how a ServiceNow instance administrator or developer can install and configure the Coveo™ for ServiceNow integration.
To install Coveo for ServiceNow
- Ensure that:
- You have HI credentials in your ServiceNow instance.
- The Service Portal plugin is activated in your ServiceNow instance (see Activate Service Portal).
- You have access to a Coveo Cloud organization.
If this is not the case, contact a Coveo sales representative to setup a free trial organization (see Coveo Sales).
- In the Now Platform UI of your ServiceNow instance:
- Navigate to System Applications > Applications.
- Click Find in Store.
- In the ServiceNow Store, find and request the AI-Powered Search by Coveo application.
- Back In the Now Platform UI of your ServiceNow instance:
- In System Applications > Applications, locate the Coveo_1.00 downloaded application and click Install.
- Wait for the installation process to finish, then close the installation modal and reload the page.
- Navigate to Coveo > Configure.
- Click Link to an existing Coveo organization.
- In the Coveo Cloud platform popup window:
- If you are not already logged in the Coveo Cloud platform, authenticate using the identity provider of your choice (e.g., Google).
- Select the Coveo Cloud organization you want to link your ServiceNow instance to and click Next.
You should be redirected to the UI of your ServiceNow instance, and the Coveo > Configure page should now state that Coveo for ServiceNow is linked to your organization.