- Step 1: Install Coveo for ServiceNow
- Step 2: Create a ServiceNow Source
- Step 3: Plan for Query Pipelines
- Step 4: Replace the Service Portal Search Page
- Step 5: Replace the Service Portal Search Boxes
- Step 6: Configure the Case Deflection Panel
- Step 7: Configure the Insight Panel
- Step 8: Add the Page View Tracker to Your Portal Pages
- Step 9: Configure a Recommendations Panel
- Step 10: Configure the Built-In Coveo-Powered Search Page
- Step 11: Configure Query Filters
- Step 12: Add Coveo for ServiceNow to the Virtual Agent
- Step 13: Configure Machine Learning Models
Configure a Recommendations Panel
The Coveo Recommendations widget displays personalized content recommendations to users visiting the page in which it’s embedded. Coveo Machine Learning (Coveo ML) makes those recommendations based on the profile of each user, as well as on the pages they have already visited.
Implement the Recommendations Panel
- Follow the implementation instructions in Coveo Machine Learning Event Recommendations Deployment Overview.
- Access the Page Designer for the portal page in which you want to add the Recommendations widget.
- If applicable, create a container and choose a column layout for the widget.
The Recommendations widget is designed to fit in spaces equivalent to least three columns of the Bootstrap grid template.
- Drag the Coveo Recommendations widget from the menu on the left to the desired space.
- Optionally, customize the Recommendations widget. Thanks to the Scope and Component options, you can name your widget according to your convention.
- Click Preview at the top of the Form Designer to ensure that the page and the widget look as expected.
Configure Your Query Pipeline
Once you have implemented the widget in your ServiceNow instance, you must link it to a query pipeline in your Coveo organization.
If you want to use an existing pipeline, select it, and then in the Action bar, click More > Edit.
Create a new pipeline for your Coveo for ServiceNow widget to use.
If you didn’t provide Scope and Component values in the widget options, enter
If you provided a scope and a component, enter them in the following format:
For a widget with a
Portalscope and a
MyWidgetcomponent, your condition value should be
Portal_MyWidget. Your complete pipeline condition is therefore
Search Hub is Portal_MyWidget.
With such a condition, your pipeline will be used for all queries originating from the widget.
If your pipeline already has a condition, ensure to include this previous condition in your new one with an
Your pipeline has the following condition:
Search Hub is Portal_MyWidget. You want to link a new portal widget to this pipeline, so your new condition is
Search Hub is Portal_MyWidget OR Search Hub is Portal_MySecondWidget. With this condition, your pipeline will be used for all queries originating from one of these widgets.
Configure the built-in Coveo-powered search page, which allows ServiceNow administrators to search their ServiceNow content as well as any other indexed content from the ServiceNow Administration Console.