- Step 1: Install Coveo for ServiceNow
- Step 2: Create a ServiceNow Source
- Step 3: Plan for Query Pipelines
- Step 4: Replace the Service Portal Search Page
- Step 5: Replace the Service Portal Search Boxes
- Step 6: Configure the Case Deflection Panel
- Step 7: Configure the Insight Panel
- Step 8: Add the Page View Tracker to Your Portal Pages
- Step 9: Configure a Recommendations Panel
- Step 10: Configure the Built-In Coveo-Powered Search Page
- Step 11: Configure Query Filters
- Step 12: Add Coveo for ServiceNow to the Virtual Agent
- Step 13: Configure Machine Learning Models
Configure the Built-In Coveo-Powered Search Page
Coveo for ServiceNow comes with a built-in search page that allows ServiceNow administrators to search their ServiceNow content as well as any other content they index from the ServiceNow Administration Console.
Once you have followed the steps below to configure your search page, you can access it by navigating to Coveo > Search.
Link the Coveo-Powered Search Page to a Query Pipeline
Like the widgets you previously added to your ServiceNow instance, this built-in search page must be linked to a Coveo Cloud query pipeline in order to be operational.
If you want to use an existing pipeline, select it, and then in the Action bar, click More > Edit.
Create a new pipeline for the search page to use.
Search hub is ServiceNow_FullSearchPage.
With such a condition, your pipeline will be used for all queries originating from the search page.
If your pipeline already has a condition, ensure to include this previous condition in your new one with an
Your pipeline has the following condition:
Search Hub is Portal_MyWidget. You want to link a new portal widget to this pipeline, so your new condition is
Search Hub is Portal_MyWidget OR Search Hub is ServiceNow_FullSearchPage. With this condition, your pipeline will be used for all queries originating from either the widget or the search page.
Customize the Coveo-Powered Search Page
Once you have linked the Coveo built-in search page to a query pipeline, a default search page is displayed in ServiceNow under Coveo > Search. While this page is fully functional as it is, you may want to use a search page that you have tailored to your needs instead.
You can then use the Interface Editor to customize your new search page.
Configure Coveo query filters to ensure that the Coveo for ServiceNow components you configured in your public-facing and internal portals only return items from appropriate subsets of your Coveo organization index.