- Configuring Coveo events in Sitecore Analytics
- Changing the Events Data
- Recording Custom Events
- Tracking Events Into an External Database
- Querying Page Events in the Analytics Database
- Available Page Events
- Sitecore Page Events Logged by Coveo for Sitecore
- Understanding the Experience Profile
- Customize Page Events Caption Displayed in Experience Profile
- Leveraging Sitecore Analytics in Coveo for Sitecore
Leveraging Sitecore Analytics in Coveo for Sitecore
Sitecore Analytics is a module of Sitecore that records information about your website visitors. From Sitecore 7.0.X to Sitecore 7.2.X, it was known as Digital Marketing System (DMS). Starting from Sitecore 7.5.X, it’s renamed to Sitecore eXperience Database (xDB).
As your visitors browse more and more pages, the Analytics module automatically and progressively builds them a profile - or, more accurately, a Pattern Card - which represents the most common type of pages that they have visited. For example, the Analytics module will associate a Pattern Card of type “business” to a visitor that has visited a lot of business-related pages. This mechanism is especially useful to personalize the look and feel of your pages according to the profile of your visitors.
Coveo for Sitecore is able to leverage this data in the following ways:
- It can change the look and feel of a search interface according to the Pattern Card associated with the currently logged in visitor.
- It can change the ranking of search results depending on this same Pattern Card.
This section is an overview of our integration with the Sitecore Analytics module.