Legacy Search UI Framework
- Inserting and Customizing a Search Interface Component
- Inserting Coveo Search Components to an Existing Item
- Inserting and Customizing a Facet Component
- Inserting and Customizing a Sort Component
- Inserting and Customizing a Tab Component
- Inserting and Customizing a Related Query Component
- Inserting and Customizing a Recommendations Component
- Inserting and Customizing a User Context Component
- Ranking and Filtering Rules
- Inserting and Customizing a Distance Resources Component
- Creating a Search Driven Page
- Duplicating the Coveo Search Component
- Inserting a Coveo Search Box to Your Header
- Autocomplete and Suggestions
- Adding a Field to a Result Template
- Adding Images to Your Search Page
- Customizing a Search Interface
- List of Available Components
- List of Available Parameters
- Relating Coveo for Sitecore Components to Sitecore Templates, Layouts, and Sublayouts
- Digging Into the Layouts and Components Code
- Creating a Custom Component Parameters
- Inserting Custom Component Parameters
- Creating a Search Interface Optimized for Mobile Devices
- Creating a Search Interface Optimized for WebCrawlers
- Understanding How MVC Components Work Behind the Scenes
- Modifying or Removing the Insert Option for the Coveo-Powered Search Page
Creating a Custom Component Parameters Using the Coveo for Sitecore Legacy Search UI Framework
For a list of all available parameters, see List of Available Component Parameters.
Coveo for Sitecore has various templates to define properties for its components, which are called Parameters.
Although a component can be edited directly using the Experience Editor of Sitecore, we recommend that you create custom component parameters and assigned them as data sources to your components. The advantage of this strategy is:
To share the same parameters across your solution and improve re-usability
To preserve parameters even if a rendering is deleted
To swap parameters dynamically based on certain conditions, which is a key strategy of search personalization
Creating the Custom Parameters Item
To create a custom parameters item:
Log into the Sitecore Content Editor.
Under a relevant part of the tree (usually Features in a Helix compliant setup), create a folder for your parameters.
In that folder, create a parameter item using the Insert from Template option. The parameters are all found under
/sitecore/templates/CoveoModule/Search.For example, to insert a Facet parameter the right template to insert would be
Once the item is created, edit it with the values of your choice.
Save the item.
With the parameters item created you can now:
Use it dynamically based on rules (see Using Sitecore Personalization With Coveo).
Apply it to a static component (see Inserting Custom Component Parameters).