- Search Interface Does Not Return the Expected Results
- Enabling the Interface Editor in Your Salesforce Organization
- Coveo-Powered Search Page Fails to Load After Upgrade
- Insight Panel Refuses to Display
- Unable to Install the Coveo Lightning Component for Community Cloud
- Error When Adding or Accessing Coveo Components in a Lightning Community
- Cannot See Values When Using an Existing Field in a Facet
- Unknown Page for the Current Site Configuration Error With Coveo Lightning Components
- Coveo Object Unavailable in Lightning Component
- The Feature is Not Activated for Your Organization
- Uncaught-DOMException-Failed-to-read-the-'responseText'-property-from-'XMLHttpRequest' Error Message When Using a Component
- Infinite Loading When Trying to Preview a Document in a Quick View
- Access Token Update Required
Uncaught-DOMException-Failed-to-read-the-'responseText'-property-from-'XMLHttpRequest' Error Message When Using a Component
CoveoQuickview component is used in a Lightning component with an API version over 40, you might encounter the following error message:
Uncaught DOMException: Failed to read the 'responseText' property from 'XMLHttpRequest': The value is only accessible if the object's 'responseType' is '' or 'text' (was 'document')
Salesforce Lightning Locker is activated on Lightning components with API versions over 40 and the default
CoveoQuickview isn’t compliant with Lightning Locker (see Coveo for Salesforce Overview).
You should replace the invalid
CoveoQuickview component with the
CoveoSalesforceQuickview component, which is compliant with Salesforce Lightning Locker.
In Setup, search for and select Visualforce Component.
With Salesforce Lightning With Salesforce Classic Under Platform Tools, select Custom Code > Visualforce Components. Under Build, select Develop > Visualforce Components.
Next to your component, click Edit.
CoveoQuickviewand replace it with