- Upgrading from Coveo for Salesforce V2 to V3
- Configuring Coveo for Salesforce
- Refreshing Coveo for Salesforce in a Sandbox
- Identifying Your Coveo for Salesforce Version
- Using SSO with Coveo for Salesforce
- Upgrading the Coveo for Salesforce Application
- Investigating Coveo for Salesforce Performance
- Accessing the Health Check Page
- Switching from a Coveo for Salesforce Free to a Pro Trial with One-Click Upgrade
- Synchronizing Your Configuration
- Coveo for Salesforce V2 vs Coveo for Salesforce Service Cloud (V1)
- Coveo for Salesforce Service Cloud (V1) Help
Upgrading From Coveo for Salesforce V2 to V3
To know what is new with Coveo for Salesforce V3, see What Is New In Coveo for Salesforce V3?.
While upgrading from Coveo for Salesforce V2 to V3 should not break your environment, there are a few things that changed in the package that could affect your integration and customizations.
Upgrade to the Latest Coveo for Salesforce V2 Package
Before upgrading from V2 to V3, you should ensure that you install the latest Coveo for Salesforce V2 package (see May 2018 Maintenance Release - v2.51.4).
Installing the latest package is essential to be able to install the Coveo for Salesforce V3 package.
Hard Coded Result Template Icons
If you had hard coded values for the value option of the icon component in your result template (see Coveo Icon Component - value), those icons will not be displayed anymore. You can however reselect a value from the Interface Editor to use the new SVG equivalent icon.
If you used custom icons using the recommended best practice, your result templates will not be affected (see Using Custom Icons in Result Templates).
This affects all the default result templates of the Coveo for Salesforce Free edition.
When creating custom components, you can reference the resources bundled with the Coveo for Salesforce package (see $Resource). The name of some of those resources has changed from V2 to V3.
The Coveo for Salesforce V2 resources should still exist in your environment even after upgrading to V3. However, you are encouraged to reference the new resources instead, so you can benefit from the new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
|Coveo for Salesforce V2||Coveo for Salesforce V3 equivalent|
interfaceEditorresource has not changed names.
resourcesresource was split into five different resources:
assets: references all of the Coveo for Salesforce specific resources.
analytics: references the coveo.analytics.js project (see coveo.analytics.js).
jquery: references the latest 3.x.x jQuery version, packaged with Coveo for Salesforce.
styleguide: references the Coveo Vapor style guide (see React Vapor).
underscore: references the latest 1.x.x Underscore version, packaged with Coveo for Salesforce.
JsSearchresource was renamed to