On-Premises Only Topics
- Administering RabbitMQ
- Securing the Admin Service
- Managing Your CES License
- Managing Your CES Index
- Changing the REST Search API Default Port
- How to Load Balance Queries using CES Mirror and Coveo for Sitecore
- Installing Coveo Enterprise Search (CES)
- Scaling Out Coveo for Sitecore with CES Mirrors
- Setting Up Coveo for Sitecore in a Remote Server Configuration
- Understanding and Customizing the Binary Data Indexing Process
- Understanding the Search API Configuration File (config.yml)
- Managing Top Results
Installing Coveo Enterprise Search (CES)
This page covers the installation of the Coveo services on an on-premises setup which includes:
- Coveo Enterprise Search (CES): the underlying search engine.
- Coveo Admin Service: used to perform administrative tasks remotely.
- Coveo Search API: a REST endpoint used to perform queries.
Run the installation package and perform the steps of the wizard (see Installing CES on the Master Server).
You may want to enable Admin Service Security. This ensures that the Admin Service is secured via HTTPS. A few more steps are required, as explained in Securing the Admin Service - On-Premises.
The only feature required by Coveo for Sitecore is the Queue crawler. It will be automatically enabled when you enter your license in Coveo for Sitecore.
Installing the Coveo Search API
Download the August 2017 release of the Coveo Search API.
Run the installation package:
- On the first page:
- Select the This installation is part of a Sitecore Integration option.
- Choose Next.
- On the Application Secret Token page:
Click Generate Random Token to generate a new token.
The Application Secret token is shared by the Search API and the Sitecore instance. Sitecore will use this exact same token to establish a trusted connection with the Search API service.
- Choose Install.
In the last screen, choose Finish.
The last screen may show that the service is installed, but can’t be started. This happens because the Coveo index isn’t initialized and configuring certificates can’t be done yet. The Coveo for Sitecore package will complete the Search API configuration process.
- On the first page:
You can now proceed to Installing Coveo for Sitecore.