Enabling Auditing of Dynamics 365 Entities
Auditing of entities is disabled by default in Dynamics 365 (see Microsoft Technet article Audit data and user activity). You must enable the setting if you want deleted Dynamics items to also be deleted from the Coveo index after an index refresh. If you skip this step, the source will refresh correctly but deleted items will still appear in search results and in the Content Browser until you rebuild the source (see Refresh VS Rescan VS Rebuild).
To enable auditing of Dynamics 365 entities
- In your Dynamics 365 organization, go to Settings > System > Auditing.
- On the Audit page, click Global Audit Settings.
- In the System Settings window, in the Auditing tab:
- In the Audit Settings section, check the Start Auditing box.
- In the Enable Auditing in the following areas section, select all the [Entities] check boxes.
- Back in the Audit screen, click Entity and Field Audit Settings.
- In the Default Solution window:
- In the navigation tree on the left, select an entity you are indexing (such as Account, Contact, or Case).
In the main display area, in the General tab, ensure that under Data Services, the Auditing check box is selected (checked).
- Repeat steps a and b for each entity you want to index.
- Click the Save icon to save your modifications.
- Click Publish to push your modification to your Dynamics organization.
- You can close the Default Solution window.
You are now ready to deploy Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (see Deploying Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Using a Solution File).