Cloud V2 for Developers
- API Overview
- Basic Topics
- API PaaS Tutorials
- Building Custom Search Integrations Using Coveo Cloud PaaS
- Search API
- Usage Analytics Write API
- Push API
- Activity API
- Authorization Server API
- Field API
- Index API
- Notification API
- Platform API
- Security Cache API
- Source API
- Source Logs API
- Indexing Pipeline Customization Tools Overview
Indexing Pipeline Extensions
- Document Object Python API Reference
- Condition Syntax Reference
- Python Modules Available to Extensions
- Extension Parameters
- Extension ActionOnError
- Supported Character Sets
- Extension API Reference
- Extension Script Samples
- Creating an Extension with the API
- Logging Messages from an Extension
- Passing Parameters to Extension Scripts
- Applying an Extension to a Source
- Testing Strategies and Good Practices
- Coveo On-Premises Crawling Module
- Coveo on Elasticsearch
- Coveo Cloud V2 - API Reference
Coveo Cloud V2 Indexing Pipeline Extensions
Coveo Cloud V2 organization sources can pull content from a variety of systems to make your content searchable for those with the appropriate permissions (see Available Coveo Cloud V2 Source Types).
The indexing pipeline extension feature provides a way to execute Python conversion scripts in a securely isolated non persistent container, allowing developers to customize how items get indexed. Extension scripts are executed as indexing pipeline stages, which corresponds to the series of actions taken upon the reception of items before they become searchable.
You can manage your indexing pipeline extensions from the Coveo Cloud V2 administration console Extensions page and get more information on indexing pipeline extensions from the administration console documentation (see Manage Extensions ).
You can execute an indexing pipeline extension for every item of one or more sources of your organization using the Coveo Cloud V2 APIs:
In the administration console API Keys page, add an API key for which you select the Edit check box for the Extensions privilege (see Manage API Keys).
- Write your extension script using the
documentobject (see Document Object Python API Reference).
Create your extension (see Creating an Indexing Pipeline Extension with the API).
- Add your script to your extension.
Apply your extension to your source(s) (see Applying an Indexing Pipeline Extension to a Source with the API).
Rebuild your source(s) to make your extension effective.
- Validate that your changes perform as expected.