Switching From On-Premises to Cloud Indexes
There are many differences between a Cloud and an On-Premises index. You thus need to configure a few things if you want to switch from an On-Premises to a Cloud setup.
Be aware that, because you are changing the location of your indexes, you will need to reconfigure all of your sources, including those external to Sitecore.
Step 1 - Change Your Organization from On-Premises to Cloud
Coveo for Sitecore needs to have access to a Coveo Cloud organization, whether you are using a Cloud or an On-Premises installation. However, those organizations are different for Cloud and On-Premises installations, which means that your Sitecore instance will need to connect to a different organization.
- In the Sitecore Control Panel, under Coveo Search, select Configure.
- Under Configure Coveo Cloud Organization, click Configure.
- In the Coveo Cloud Organization panel:
- If you already have access to a Cloud organization, select it, and click Next.
- If you do not have access to a Cloud organization, select Create new organization.
- Under Organization configuration, choose a name for your organization.
- Under Select your license plan, select Cloud Edition Trial.
- Click Next.
- Your Sitecore instance is now connected to a Cloud organization.
A Pro Cloud or Enterprise Cloud license is required for a production Coveo Cloud index.
Step 2 - Remove Deletion of AddAnonymousEmailUserIdentity
In an On-Premises installation, the
AddAnonymousEmailUserIdentity processor is deleted, as CES handles permissions on its own. However, in a Cloud installation, it needs to be reactivated.
- Open your
Coveo.SearchProvider.Custom.configfile. It is located under
[Your Sitecore Instance Name]\Website\App_Config\Include\Coveo.
Delete or comment the following nodes. It is located in the
<getSearchUserIdentities> <processor name="AddAnonymousEmailUserIdentity"> <patch:delete /> </processor> </getSearchUserIdentities>