- Sitecore Indexes not Loading
- Inactivity Timeout During Rebuild
- Problem Loading the Ninject Assembly
- Internal Server Error When Querying the REST Service
- Editing the Properties of a Coveo Search MVC Component Freezes the Page Editor in IE11
- Error or Document Not Found Page After Rebuilding the Indexes
- Problem Registering Search Page Events in Sitecore Analytics Database
- High Memory Usage While Rebuilding Indexes
- Root Element of a Crawler for a Coveo Index is Invalid
- HTML Version of Indexed Items Are Showing an Error Page
- NullReferenceException on Tracking.Current When Executing a Request for a Quick View
- Getting log4net Errors When Attempting to Browse Sitecore Pages
- Inserting an Example Search Page Results in No Renderings
- An Index Should Be Configured for Database Web Error Is Preventing the REST Service From Loading
- Cannot insert the value NULL into column ID, table INSTANCE_HOSTNAME_Core.dbo.Properties column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
- ERROR Error in FileWatcher Internal Buffer Overflow While Installing Coveo for Sitecore
- ERROR Exception while handling event Sitecore.ContentSearch.Events.IndexingFinishedEvent, Index MY_INDEX was not found
- Failed to Reactivate the Organization Message in Command Center
- Handler CoveoSearchEndpoint has a bad module ManagedPipelineHandler in its module list
- Items in Different Languages Are Not Automatically Indexed or Updated When Language Fallback Is Enabled
- Missing Valid xDB License
- Opening the Experience Explorer Sets the Static Context to 'Master'
- Prebinding Isn't Applied to Elements Within a Searchbox Container
- Publishing Multi-Language Sitecore Items Leads to a Large Amount of Files Being Indexed
- Sitecore 8.2 With WFFM Refuses to Start After Installing Coveo for Sitecore
- Sitecore.ContentSearch.SitecoreItemCrawler.IsAncestorOf(Item item) error
- Solr - Error When Initializing Coveo When Side-by-Side With Solr Is Enabled
- The RouteData must contain an item named 'controller' Error With SXA
- Sitecore SXA Throws Errors When Upgrading From Coveo for Sitecore 4.1 to Coveo for Sitecore 5
- Unexpected Token When Editing Page With SXA Components in Experience Editor
- Select the Associated Content Dialog Not Popping Up in SXA 1.8
- Could Not Find Property skipFirstTimeSetupCheck Error
- Send Analytics to Sitecore Component Not Working in Sitecore 9
- Two Instances of the Same Search Page Component Have Been Added on a Page but Only One is Initialized
- Dynamic Placeholders Not Displaying Allowed Renderings in SXA
- Failed to Configure the Organization Error When Trying to Switch Organization
- SXA Coveo Facet Value Suggestions Rendering Item Overwriting Hive Item at Installation
- Issues When the Core Database Is Disabled on Content Delivery Servers
- Content Database 'master' Not Found on a Content Delivery Server
- Sitecore 9 Content Delivery Instance Crashes at Index Initialization
- Coveo Analytics Events Are Not Logged in Sitecore 9.1 Analytics
- Compilation Error in Diagnostic Page in Sitecore 7.5 and 8.0
- Ajax Error 500 When Using Special Characters in a Query
- Dynamic Facet Range Not Showing When Returning From a No Result Query
- Master Index Old Item Versions Not Getting Deleted in Sitecore 9.1+
- Unhandled Exception After Installing Coveo for Sitecore on Sitecore 8.0 or 8.1 Instance
- The coveoProcessParsedRestResponse Pipeline Is Not Being Executed
- Unhandled Exception in Content Editor Prior to Coveo for Sitecore Activation
- Could Not Find Configuration Node Error on CD
- Components Aren't Rendering Or Analytics HTTP Requests Are Failing Intermittently
Sitecore 8.2 With WFFM Refuses to Start After Installing Coveo for Sitecore
This issue affects Sitecore version 8.2 with the Web Forms for Marketers (WFFM) module.
After installing Coveo for Sitecore, Sitecore refuses to start.
In the Sitecore logs, you see that the Coveo master index is initializing but never finishes.
17156 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: 'filesystem[blobIDs]' (max size: 500KB, running total: 878MB)17156 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: 'SqlDataProvider - Property data(core)' (max size: 500KB, running total: 879MB) 17156 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: '[FieldReaderCache, Id: a97a7de6-d60e-48b0-bc75-9cff5e795ece]' (max size: 5MB, running total: 884MB) 17156 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: '[FieldReaderCache, Id: 6b902e13-4a6f-4e78-bea0-469f046e3d44]' (max size: 5MB, running total: 889MB) 13136 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: 'SqlDataProvider - Property data(master)' (max size: 500KB, running total: 889MB) 13136 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: 'SqlDataProvider - Property data(web)' (max size: 500KB, running total: 890MB) 17156 14:29:57 INFO Cache created: '[FieldReaderCache, Id: defaultFieldReaderMap]' (max size: 5MB, running total: 895MB) 17156 14:29:57 INFO Initializing index "Coveo_master_index"... ManagedPoolThread #16 14:29:58 INFO Trying to load XML configuration /App_Config/Security/Domains.config 6404 14:30:12 INFO Cache created: 'Task Manager - tasks' (max size: 100 bytes, running total: 895MB) 16664 14:30:12 INFO Cache created: 'ReportingStorageProviderProperties.Properties' (max size: 10MB, running total: 905MB) 12020 14:30:12 INFO Cache created: 'ExperienceAnalytics.Segments' (max size: 20MB, running total: 925MB) ManagedPoolThread #3 15:02:50 INFO Health.PrivateBytes: 953 585 664
The problem is caused by the Sitecore indexes property store events handling.
When Sitecore is initializing, it reads the search indexes configuration. This method has a lock to avoid 2 threads doing it at the same time.
Sitecore then initializes each search index.
When a Coveo for Sitecore search index is initialized, it reads and writes a value in the property store. This triggers events.
WFFM has an event handler that’s run when the property store is accessed. WFFM needs a search index in this event handler.
WFFM tries to get the search index. At this point, the search indexes are still initializing. So the call to get the search index tries to initialize the search indexes by reading the search indexes configuration.
This creates a deadlock, preventing Sitecore from initializing.
The issue has been reported to Sitecore support and will be fixed in a future Sitecore release. However, a fix is available. For more details on the resolution of this issue, contact Sitecore Support. The issue tracking number is 137437.