Legacy Interface Editor Overview
- Accessing the Interface Editor
- Making Basic Search Page Customization
- Configuring Search Result Templates
- Customizing the Localization of a Search Interface
- Adding a Contextual Query to the Insight Panel with the Legacy Interface Editor
- Leveraging Custom Context Information in Salesforce with the Legacy Interface Editor
- Adding the Export to Excel Feature
The Interface Editor allows you to define one or more search result HTML templates structured in configurable rows and cells into which you can drag-and-drop search results components. You can set a condition on each template to determine which template is applied for each search result.
|1||Search result template grid|
|2||Search result preview (appearing when you edit a template from a search result)|
|3||Available search results components to drag-and-drop in the template grid|
|4||Down-arrow bar to click to show the template basic parameters|
|5||Tab to switch to the Code view|
The All Content of your search page presents results of various Salesforce objects (Case, Account, Contact, Knowledge article) and from other repositories such as Exchange emails.
You can start with the appropriate out-of-the-box search result template that comes with Interface Editor and customize the template for each of these result types to present to your users the most appropriate information for each result type.
In the background, the Interface generates HTML template code in your search page (see HTML Result Template).