Inserting Coveo Components
- Integrating a Coveo Full Search Page
- Integrating a Coveo Lightning Insight Panel
- Integrating a Coveo Case Deflection Component
- Integrating Coveo in a Lightning Community
- Integrating a Coveo Classic Insight Panel
- Integrating a Case Creation Page
- Integrating a Coveo Recommendation Component
- Accessing the Coveo for Salesforce Interface Editor
Integrating a Case Creation Page
The Case Creation component allows your administrators to easily create a Salesforce page where community users can create a support case and automatically be presented with Coveo-powered relevant items as they type their case subject or description.
A community user experiences an engine power issue. As they start typing in the Subject field, queries are automatically launched with the typed keywords, and relevant items are dynamically presented in the Recommended Solutions section.
A Coveo-powered case creation page can contribute to increase case deflection when users refer to the recommended items, find the information they need to resolve their issue, and in the end, cancel the case creation.
This page explains how to add a Case Creation page to your community.
Adding a Case Creation Page in Your Community
If not already done, log in to Salesforce using an administrator account.
Create a new Visualforce page (see Defining Visualforce Pages) with the following code:
<apex:page standardController="Case" cache="false" showheader="false" sidebar="false" standardstylesheets="false" docType="html-5.0"> <CoveoV2:CaseCreation name="CaseCreationPage"/> </apex:page>
Open your new Visualforce page (see Viewing and Editing Visualforce Pages).
When creating a case creation page for the first time:
In the This Search Page Is Not Configured dialog, click Set Up a Search Page.
In the Setup Search Page dialog, select the tabs you want to have when presenting solutions, and then click Create Page.
- You can always change the tabs you want later, using the Interface Editor (see Interface Editor).
Search Pagecould also be replaced by
Case Creation pagein the dialog text.
The default case creation page appears.
Customizing Your Case Creation Page
- Open your Component Interface Editor.
With Coveo for Salesforce V3With Coveo for Salesforce V2
In the top-left corner of the component, click the Edit button.
In the lower-right corner of the component, click the arrow button to expand the box; then, click Edit.
Consider the following customization examples of a case creation page:
Drag and drop the Text component above the Subject field to add and format a title to your form, for instance to more clearly indicate the form purpose.
Drag and drop the Picklist component below the Description field to add a drop-down list of values for an important item (such as product name) based on the content of a Salesforce field. Such a list can suggest or force the user to select a value, and optionally also use the selection to influence search results (see Picklist Component).
You can fine-tune CaseCreation component parameters to change how and when the case creation page uses the information entered by the end user to generate queries. You can refer to the CaseCreation component developer documentation (see CaseCreation Component).
You can fine-tune CaseCreationInterface component parameters to change how the search results are presented while the user types information. The CaseCreationInterface component shares many parameters with the SearchInterface component (see SearchInterface Component).
Make your changes effective by clicking the Save button.
Coveo for Salesforce 2.25 (July 2016) For the Legacy Interface Editor, click the Draft tab, and then the Publish Draft button.
There are several other components that you can use in your case creation page, each with numerous parameters. Feel free to explore the components available in the Interface Editor.
- The form must contain at least one Field component (such as Subject or Description) to allow end users to describe their issue. The entered text can also be used as keywords to search for relevant items (see Field Component).
- Your form must include a Submit and a Cancel component to show the corresponding buttons allowing end users to terminate or abort the case creation (see Submit Component and Cancel Component).
- The form logs Coveo usage analytics Cancel button events, which you can use to evaluate the case deflected by the form.