Scheduling Source Updates
There are three types of source updates: refresh, rescan and rebuild (see Refresh VS Rescan VS Rebuild). Since each type has its advantages, you should schedule the source updates in a way that balances the need to have the most up-to-date index possible and the need to save computing resources for both your Coveo Cloud organization and the indexed system. By default, a Dynamics 365 source is refreshed every 15 minutes and is never rescanned.
|Update type||Resource impact||Scanned items||Re-indexing||Use cases|
|Refresh||Low||Items identified by Dynamics as modified since the last update.||All scanned||All scanned||
Your users regularly create new records. Therefore, you set the refresh schedule to index the new records so that they are searchable within a short time.
For deleted records to be taken into account during a refresh, you must enable auditing of your entities (see Enabling Auditing of Dynamics 365 Entities).
|Rescan||Medium||All||Only new or modified items||All||
You changed the permissions on some entities in your Dynamics organization.
Changing the Source Schedule
The optimal refresh and rescan frequency mainly depends on the volume of data your users generate in your Dynamics 365 organization. If your users rarely create, modify, and delete content, frequent updates may not be necessary. Conversely, frequent changes require frequent updates so that the search results provided by Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 reflect your actual data. However, search results freshness has a cost, as each source refresh or rescan requires Coveo and Dynamics resources. For guidelines regarding the frequency of refresh and rescan operations, see Leading Practices.
To change the update schedules of a source
- Open the Coveo Cloud administration console (see Administration Console).
- Access the Schedule panel for your source (see Access the Schedule Panel).
- Configure your source refresh and rescan schedule (see Configure Source Schedules).
Manually Refreshing or Rebuilding a Dynamics 365 Source
If you have added a lot of data in your Dynamics source and want this data to be indexed right away, you can manually refresh or rebuild your source (see Refresh VS Rescan VS Rebuild).
- In the Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 configuration interface, click Sources (see About the Configuration Interface).
- On the Sources page, select the source you want to refresh.
- In the Action bar, click Refresh or Rebuild, depending on the type of update you want.