- Getting Started With Insight Panels
Adding a Coveo Search Page to an Entity View
You can embed a Coveo Insight panel in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 entity form to allow users to perform queries while they are viewing an entity, e.g., a case, a contact, an opportunity, etc. (see Searching With Coveo in Dynamics). Since the search interface is embedded in the entity page next to the entity data, your Microsoft Dynamics 365 users do not need to switch tabs or windows to make a query and open a result from the result list. This makes their Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience smoother and more efficient.
Step 1 - Open the Desired Form
Open the form to which you would like to add a Coveo search interface in edition mode.
- Log in to your Microsoft Dynamics 365 organization with a System Administrator account.
- In the ribbon, click Settings, and then, under Customization, click Customizations.
- In the Customization screen, click Customize the System.
- In the Solution: Default Solution window, in the right pane, double-click Entities.
- Double-click the entity to which you would like to add a Coveo search interface, and then click Forms.
- Click the form to which you would like to add the Coveo search interface.
You are now viewing the Microsoft Dynamics 365 entity form editor.
Step 2 - Add the Desired Search Page to the Form
Add the Coveo SearchPage web resource to this form.
- In the Form: [EntityType] window, click the section to which you would like to add a Coveo search interface. In the image above, the right-hand side section, named Relationship Assistant, is selected.
At the top of the interface, click the INSERT tab, and then click Web Resource.
In the Add Web Resource panel, in the Web Resource field, type
coveo_/searchpages, and then click the magnifying glass icon to find the Coveo web resources. The items in the list are the search page
Web resourcenames displayed in the Search Pages V2 page (see Search Pages).
- In the list of Coveo search pages that appears, select the web resource named after the search page you want to use.
Under Field Name and Properties, enter a Name and a Label for the new controls you are adding to the page.
Optionally, click the Formating tab to specify the height of the new controls you are adding. Under Row Layout, you can then specify the number of rows to use for the Coveo search interface.
You should give the Coveo search interface at least 20 rows since a search page is expected to display search content tabs, a search bar and a list of search results.
- Optionally, under Border, deselect the Display border box. Coveo recommends it for a better look, but leaving the box selected does not affect the panel.
- Click OK to save and close the Add Web Resource panel.
- In the Form: [EntityType] window, click the HOME tab.
- Click Save to save the form.
In the ribbon, click Preview to preview your changes, and then, in the drop-down menu, select the desired kind of preview.
When satisfied with your changes, in the ribbon, click Publish.
Read more about entity context and decide whether you want to leverage it in your Insight panel (see Getting Started With Insight Panels and Understanding Entity Context). If not already done, you can also customize your Insight panel (see Editing a Search Page).