Cloud V2 for Developers
- API Overview
- Basic Topics
- API PaaS Tutorials
- Building Custom Search Integrations Using Coveo Cloud PaaS
- Search API
- Usage Analytics Write API
- Push API
- Activity API
- Authorization Server API
- Field API
- Index API
- Notification API
- Platform API
- Security Cache API
- Source API
- Source Logs API
- Indexing Pipeline Customization Tools Overview
- Indexing Pipeline Extensions
- Coveo On-Premises Crawling Module
- Coveo on Elasticsearch
- Coveo Cloud V2 - API Reference
Coveo on Elasticsearch
Coveo on Elasticsearch is a hybrid-cloud Coveo Cloud V2 platform configuration option, where Coveo sits on top of a customer-hosted on-premises or cloud instance of Elasticsearch. This option allows you to take advantage of the scalability and flexibility of the powerful Elasticsearch index, while benefiting from Coveo out-of-the-box unifying content connectivity, machine learning-driven relevance, and ease of use.
To learn more about what Coveo on Elasticsearch is in comparison to Coveo or Elasticsearch alone, see What is Coveo on Elasticsearch.
The user experience is the same as if the organization was powered by a native Coveo index, taking advantage of the same Coveo Cloud components, unifying the same content, both from cloud or on-premises sources. The Elasticsearch index resides outside of the Coveo Cloud V2 platform, but is conceptually at the heart of your Coveo Cloud organization, being connected through an Index Proxy.
- To learn more about what Coveo on Elasticsearch is in comparison to Coveo or Elasticsearch alone, see What is Coveo on Elasticsearch.
- In the software-as-a-service (SaaS) mode where Coveo handles everything, a Coveo Cloud V2 organization is index-agnostic, transparently running with a Coveo hosted Elasticsearch or a proprietary Coveo index.
- For more information on the Coveo on Elasticsearch architecture, see Understanding the Coveo on Elasticsearch Architecture.
- You can see Coveo on Elasticsearch in action in a music and movie demo search page.
Why Choose Coveo on Elasticsearch Hybrid-Cloud
Reasons to choose Coveo on Elasticsearch Hybrid-Cloud:
- Fully Coveo hosted SaaS solution is out of question
- Data at rest residency constraints; you choose where your data is hosted
- Very large number of documents to index
- Google Search Appliance (GSA) replacement
- Leverage existing Elasticsearch infrastructure and expertise
Take advantage of Coveo:
How Coveo on Elasticsearch Hybrid-Cloud Works
When using Coveo on Elasticsearch, you essentially need to supply, own, and maintain the Elasticsearch cluster and infrastructure.
- You must have a support plan with Elastic Co and you are familiar with Elasticsearch.
- You connect your Coveo Cloud organization to your Elasticsearch cluster (see Getting Started with Coveo on Elasticsearch Using the Configuration Wizard).
- Coveo Cloud creates the Elasticsearch index with the Coveo mappings in your cluster. You cannot use an existing Elasticsearch index.