Coveo for Sitecore Developer Certification
Several hundred companies are using Coveo for Sitecore today around the world. Our customers and partners requested that we come up with a way to help them identify highly qualified Coveo for Sitecore developers.
There are many benefits to becoming a Coveo for Sitecore certified developer. For instance, you will:
- Gain early access to beta versions of the product
- Be recommended to our prospects and customers for Coveo for Sitecore projects
- Enjoy increased visibility in our Coveo for Sitecore community
Being recognized as a Coveo for Sitecore certified developer is a great asset to both you and your company.
The certification is for life and specific to a Coveo for Sitecore version. However, once you are certified, we plan to offer an easy path to maintain your certification on future releases.
There are currently 2 certifications:
- Coveo for Sitecore 4 Cloud Developer certification
- Coveo for Sitecore 3 Developer certification
How to Become Certified
The process to be certified as a Coveo for Sitecore developer is fairly simple:
- Attend a Coveo for Sitecore developer training course (see Next developer training events)
- Get your unique exam link via email
- Take the online exam at your convenience
- Pass and receive your Coveo for Sitecore certified developer certificate. You will be added to our list of certified developers
- Share the news about your well-earned recognition!
List of Certified Developers
If you are looking for a certified developer for a Coveo for Sitecore project, the complete list is available (see Coveo for Sitecore Certified Developers).
The goal of the exam is to ascertain if you assimilated the concepts and the details taught at the Coveo for Sitecore developer training, are knowledgeable about the subject, and have the skills to integrate Coveo search in Sitecore.
There are currently 4 versions of the exam for various audiences:
- Coveo for Sitecore 4 cloud Developer Certification
- Coveo for Sitecore 4.1 cloud certified developer exam for Coveo for Sitecore 4.1 trained developers
- Coveo for Sitecore 4.0 cloud certified developer exam for:
- Coveo for Sitecore 4.0 trained developers
- Coveo for Sitecore 3.0 trained developers who attended the version 3 to 4 bridge webinar training
- Coveo for Sitecore 3 to 4 cloud certified developer bridge exam for Coveo for Sitecore 3.0 certified developers who attended the version 3 to 4 bridge webinar training
- Coveo for Sitecore 3 Developer Certification
- Coveo for Sitecore 3.0 developer certification exam for Coveo for Sitecore 3.0 trained developers
All the exams have 90 many choice questions. Some questions can have many answers. The time limit is 3 hours. It is better do it in one sitting. However, it can be paused by providing a username and a password to resume later.
Note: The Coveo for Sitecore 3 to 4 cloud certified developer bridge exam has 40 questions and has a time limit of 90 minutes.
The exam is intentionally rigorous to ensure that certified developers have an in-depth understanding of Coveo for Sitecore. The passing mark is 70%. Consequently, it is recommended to experiment with the Coveo for Sitecore solution until you feel comfortable with the covered subjects before taking the exam. Being attentive and ensuring you have understood all the topics at the Coveo for Sitecore training is usually enough to pass the exam.
Preparing for the Exam
Before taking the exam, you are recommended to install and experiment with the latest release of Coveo for Sitecore. Ensure you are using a Coveo Cloud index when studying on Coveo for Sitecore 4.
Allowed and Available Material for the Exam
While taking the exam, you can use and refer to the following:
- The developer training PDFs:
- The Coveo online documentation
- Coveo for Sitecore 4 cloud developer certification:
- A working instance of Sitecore with the latest release of Coveo for Sitecore already integrated
The link you receive to take the exam never expires. It is valid until you finish the exam. You have all the time you need to study before starting the exam. Once the exam is completed, the link becomes invalid as you only have one attempt per link.
However, we suggest you take the exam in the 25 days following the training. This ensures the topics are still fresh in memory and your trial license is still valid when you take the exam. You can use your Sitecore training instance during the exam.
In the event that one fails the exam, retakes are possible at a cost of US$500 per attempt. Contact us at email@example.com to plan a retake.