- Minimum Information Needed
- Relevance Index Calculation and Usage
- Custom Metadata Sent with Events
- Database Schema in Exports
- User Visit
- Difference Between a Dashboard and an Explorer
- No Search Statistics/No Matching Results Error Messages
- Events Not Instantly Available in Reports
- Query Count Difference
- Visit Count Difference
- InterfaceLoad Definition and Search Exclusion
- Visitor ID and Visit ID Definition and Usage
- Maximum Number of Custom Dimensions
- Graph Dates Not Matching Export Dates
- Is Your Use of UA GDPR Compliant?
Why Dates in Exports and in Graphs Do Not Match?
In usage analytics reports, the dates and date time values that appear on the horizontal axis of graph cards and the values of dimensions such as Day and Hour are automatically converted to the time zone of the user’s browser. Therefore, when your usage analysts manage data specifically from their time zone, they can review the same reports with filters adapted to their city/country, and data will make sense to them.
However, in exports performed via the Data Exports and Visit Browser pages, and in the Data Explorer panel, for times and dates, the values are always returned in the UTC time zone.
Usage analysts can see the same data in exports when they review the same date range, regardless of their time zone.
Times and dates can be different in the Coveo Cloud administration console than in CSV files, but those values still represent the same instant in time.