Analytics - Section
- Nomenclature Change for Queries
- Use Cases
- Getting Started
- Reviewing User Visits With the Visit Browser
- Retrieving End-Users Information Pushed to Coveo Usage Analytics
- Leveraging Usage Analytics
- Data Export Management
- Dimension Management
- Named Filter Management
- Permission Filter Management
- Metric Alerts Review
- Incoherent Events Review
- Setting the Period to Review Search Usage Data
- Adding Global Dimension Filters
- Logging Coveo Events From Google Tag Manager
- About UA Service Query Suggestions
- About Usage Analytics Limits
About Usage Analytics Service Query Suggestions
Query suggestions powered by the Coveo™ Analytics service are the most commonly used queries in which typed characters exactly match a suggested query part.
To not be confounded with the Query Suggestions feature of Coveo Machine Learning (see Query Suggestions Feature).
Depending on your search interface traffic and activity, the Coveo Analytics service could start suggesting popular related queries as users start typing in a search box in a matter of hours or days. To get started, you simply need to log usage analytics data and add the AnalyticsSuggestions component in your JS Search interface (see Coveo Component AnalyticsSuggestions).
A query is not suggested automatically after being sent for the first time. To be considered, a query must:
Be performed at least 5 times;
Have resulted with a click more than once;
Not contain a term from a list of offensive words.
By default, five suggestions are returned in order of query frequency (most popular at the top).
Suggestions are filtered to match the provided Origin 1 (page/hub) dimension value, thus improving the suggestions relevance.
Suggestions are updated once every day around 01:00 AM UTC.