Coveo On-Premises Crawling Module Deployment Overview
The following procedure outlines the steps to deploy the Coveo On-Premises Crawling Module and start indexing on-premises content.
For now, this procedure does not take into account the option you have to index the permissions corresponding to your secured content. If you want to index secured content and take access permissions into account, follow steps 1 to 4, and then contact the Coveo Support team.
Ensure that your environment meets the requirements (see Requirements).
If you prefer to install the Crawling Module on a virtual machine, Coveo provides installation steps for the following setups:
While you can use a different virtual machine setup, Coveo cannot guarantee that Docker Enterprise Edition will install successfully on such a setup (see Installing Docker). See Validating the Installation to ensure Docker works correctly before installing the Crawling Module.
Any server running the Crawling Module must have access to the content you want to index, regardless of whether the server is a virtual machine or not.
- Install Docker (see Installing Docker).
- Install Maestro (see Installing Maestro).
- Configure the Crawling Module and start your workers (see Initial Configuration).
- Create a Crawling Module source (see Creating a Crawling Module Source).
- If needed, write a pre-push extension to customize the indexing process (see Using Pre-Push Extensions).