Use Indexing Pipeline Extensions
- Indexing Pipeline
- Indexing Pipeline Extension Overview
- Manage Indexing Pipeline Extensions
- Apply an Extension to a Source
- Use Cases Requiring to Modify the JSON Configuration
Use the Extensions API
- Document Object Python API Reference
- Condition Syntax Reference
- Python Modules Available to Extensions
- Extension Parameters
- Extension ActionOnError
- Supported Character Sets
- Extension Script Samples
- Extension State
- Use Vault Parameters in Your Extension
- Create an Extension With the API
- Log Messages From an Extension
- Test Strategies and Good Practices
Indexing Pipeline Extensions
The indexing pipeline extension (IPE) feature provides a way to execute Python conversion scripts in a securely isolated non-persistent container, allowing developers to customize how items get indexed. Extension scripts can be executed at two different stages of the indexing pipeline: pre-conversion and post-conversion.
You can manage your indexing pipeline extensions from the Coveo Administration Console Extensions page and get more information on indexing pipeline extensions from the Administration Console documentation (see Manage Extensions).
You can execute an indexing pipeline extension for every item of one or more sources of your organization using the Coveo Cloud APIs:
On the Administration Console API Keys page, add an API key to which you grant the privilege to edit extensions (i.e., the Edit access level on the Extensions domain) (see Manage API Keys, Manage Privileges, and Extensions Domain).
Write your extension script using the
documentobject (see Document Object Python API Reference).
Create your extension (see Creating an Indexing Pipeline Extension With the API).
Add your script to your extension.
Apply your extension to your source(s) (see Apply an Extension to a Source).
Rebuild your source(s) to make your extension effective.
Validate that your changes perform as expected.