Leveraging Entity Context in the Insight Panel
Leveraging the context of an entity in an Insight panel consists in adding components to your Insight search page, depending on your content and what you want to achieve (see Understanding Entity Context and Search Page Components). While only the Refined Query and the Liquid Syntax components are essential, Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers several additional options for you to get the best search results possible.
Before leveraging entity context in an Insight panel, you should have already have accomplished the following:
- Embedded an Insight panel in at least one entity form (see Adding a Coveo Search Page to an Entity View).
- Activated Machine Learning Intelligent Term Detection (see Activating Intelligent Term Detection in Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365).
Coveo recommends upgrading to Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 1.1.180912.3 (September 2018) or a newer version before proceeding with the following instructions, as the September 2018 version introduces the possibility to leverage entity context in a full search page as well (see Upgrading Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365, Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Release Notes, and Leveraging Entity Context in a Full Search Page).
To leverage entity context in the Insight panel
- In Dynamics, access the Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 configuration interface, and then, in the navigation menu, click Search Pages (see About the Configuration Interface).
- In the Search Pages page, select the search page in which you want to enable ITD.
- Click Edit Interface.
- Select the UI Settings icon () to the top left corner of the screen.
- In the UI Settings menu:
- Ensure that the Refined Query component you previously added contains all the desired fields (see Activating Intelligent Term Detection in Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365).
- Add a Liquid Syntax component (see Liquid Syntax).
- Optionally, in the UI Settings menu, add a Form Changes Detection component (see ForDynamicsFormChangeDetector Component).
- Optionally, in the UI Settings menu, add a Insight Context component (see InsightContext Component).
- Optionally, in the UI Settings menu, add a Query Filter component (see QueryFilter Component).
- Optionally, in the UI Settings menu, add a Contextual Query Filter component for each filter to apply (see ContextualQueryFilter Component).
- In the upper right corner of the Interface Editor, click Save to save your changes, and then click Quit.
- Back in the Search Pages page, publish your search page (see Publishing a Search page)
Leverage entity context in a full search page opened from an Insight panel, and read more about Coveo Machine Learning and contextual queries (see Leveraging Entity Context in a Full Search Page, Coveo Machine Learning, and Contextual Queries).