- Infinite Loop at Authentication Step
- ExtensionRefinedQuery component does not support filters separated by commas
- Solution Installation Fails With LocalizedLabel Error
- QuerySummary Component Glitches When Complex Query Yields No Result
- Interface Editor Glitches in Chrome for Mac
- Interface Editor Glitches in Internet Explorer 11
- Failure When Populating Quick Create Form Fields With Long Values
- Coveo Read-Only Role Modifications Are Overridden Following a Coveo for Dynamics Update
- Take Note Component is Unresponsive in Expanded Insight Search Page
Coveo Read-Only Role Modifications Are Overridden Following a Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Update
This known issue affects Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 1.1.180418.7 (April 2018) and later versions (see Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Release Notes) installed in Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.
Since the Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 1.1.180418.7 (April 2018) release, the Coveo read-only role is automatically created for sources using the application user authentication method (see Assigning a Security Role to the Coveo User).
If you created a source using this authentication method and granted the Coveo Read-Only role extra permissions to index additional entities, these modifications will be overridden when updating Coveo for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (see Add/Edit a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Source).
This known issue does not affect Microsoft Dynamics 365 sources that use the credentials authentication method. Moreover, since the option to authenticate with an application user is not available in Microsoft Dynamics 365 8, users of this version are not impacted.
The following solution must be done by a user with permissions to edit security roles and edit a user’s roles.
- Create a new role with the desired custom entity permissions:
- Navigate to Settings > Security > Security Roles.
- In the Security Roles page, click New.
- In the window that opens:
- In the Details tab, enter a Role Name.
- In the next tabs, click the Read circle corresponding to your custom entities until it is set to the Organization permission level (filled in green).
- Click Save and close.
- Assign your new role to the application user:
- Navigate to Settings > Security > Users
- In the Enabled Users page, select the Coveo Connector user, and then click Manage roles.
- Select your new role, and then click OK.