- Free Edition General Troubleshooting Steps
- Search Interface Does Not Return the Expected Results in the Coveo for Salesforce Pro or Enterprise Edition
- Enabling the Interface Editor in Your Salesforce Organization
- Coveo Search Page Fails to Load After Upgrade
- Insight Panel Refuses to Display
- Unable to Install the Coveo Lightning Component for Community Cloud
- Something Went Wrong Message When Selecting a Value in the Created By Facet
- Error When Adding or Accessing Coveo Components in a Lightning Community
- Error While Performing JWT Flow for the Requested User When Using Customer Community or Portal User With the Coveo for Salesforce Free Edition
- Filtering on NetworkScope Returns UnsupportedQueryExpressionException
- Getting a MALFORMED\_SEARCH Error When Selecting a Tab With the Coveo for Salesforce Free Edition
- Cannot See Values When Using an Existing Field in a Facet
- Unknown Page for the Current Site Configuration Error With Coveo Lightning Components
- Coveo Object Unavailable in Lightning Component
- The Feature is Not Activated for Your Organization
- The Search Token is Invalid in the Health Check Page
- An Unexpected Error Has Occurred In the Coveo Health Check Page After Deleting Coveo Cloud Organization
- Uncaught-DOMException-Failed-to-read-the-'responseText'-property-from-'XMLHttpRequest' Error Message When Using a Component
- Infinite Loading When Trying to Preview a Document in a Quick View
- The Source Access Token is Invalid
Insight Panel Refuses to Display
After installing your Insight panel, it is possible that you see a blank panel instead of your expected results. You might also notice that, in the console of your browser, you get the following error:
Refused to display '<your Salesforce organization URL>' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'SAMEORIGIN'
Getting this error means that clickjack protection for Visualforce pages is enabled in your Salesforce organization.
Disable Clickjack Protection for Visualforce Pages
To have the Insight Panel function, you need to disable clickjack protection for Visualforce pages.
- Connect to your Salesforce organization with an administrator account.
- In Setup, go to Administer > Security Controls > Session Settings.
- Under Clickjack Protection, deselect Enable clickjack protection for customer Visualforce pages with standard headers.
- Save the new settings.
- In your console, verify that your Insight Panel now works.